Our annual World War One exhibition will take place on the 6th July 2019 and we need your help!
Do you have information about Billericay residents who served and returned home?
Do you have information about Billericay and the Spanish Flu?
Was there a radical suffragette in your family?
Do you have information about Billericay High Street 1918 through the inter-war years?
We are looking for information on the following families and individuals (associated with the High Street):
- Ashbee, Frederick E.
- Barker, William J.E.
- Bassom family (especially Ernest B. Bassom)
- Cooke family (especially Albert V. Cooke)
- Coppin family (especially Jesse/James A. Coppin)
- Cottis family
- Harman, John (of the Railway Hotel)
- Holness, Charles (of the White Hart)
- Jarvis family (especially Arthur Jarvis)
- Jefferies family (especially Percy J. Jefferies)
- King family (especially Kenneth C. King)
- Ladbrook family
- Leeds family (especially Samuel G. Leeds)
- Middleditch family (or Henry E. Middleditch)
- Nix, John B. (Chemist)
- Pannell family (or Thomas Robert Pannell)
- Pateman family
- Ramsey family
- Reeve family
- Salter family
- Scales family
- Scott family
- Smith, Frederick (of The Chequers)
- Taylor, (W.C. or C.W.) (of The Crown Hotel)
This isn’t an exhaustive list, we would be grateful for any information or family stories!
The Cater Museum will be taking part in the Essex 2020 celebrations – a year long celebration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM.)